No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Inspired by classic “cinematic platformers” like Out of This World/Another World and Flashback: The Quest for Identity, Exile’s End plays out as an exploration-driven side-scrolling adventure through a massive, interconnected laboratory and mining complex on a moody, lonely alien world, and offers a variety of diverse locations to explore and puzzles to solve through skilled platforming and clever usage of the game’s myriad weapons.
When the son of Ravenwood Mining Corporation’s president goes missing on a remote mining planet, and all contact with the miners’ colony is lost, a mercenary team is hastily assembled and sent out to determine just what happened. Among the members of this team is Jameson, an old soldier with a dark past he’s trying to forget.
Just as the ship carrying Jameson and his team arrives, however, it experiences a catastrophic electrical failure and crash-lands upon the planet’s surface, with Jameson the only apparent survivor. Trying to reopen communications with the Ravenwood corporation, he comes across what’s left of the mining operations upon this desolate planetscape, and learns a truth far more sinister than he ever could have imagined…
* An enormous, interconnected world of over 1,200 screens to explore, featuring adventure-style puzzles mixed with intense platforming action.
* Animated cutscenes expanding upon a branching story of ancient riddles and modern-day hubris, posing the question, “What is the nature of true heroism?”
* Soundtrack by Keiji Yamagishi, legendary composer for Ninja Gaiden (NES), Tecmo Super Bowl, Dynasty Warriors, and numerous other classic games.
* Art and graphics by Japanese industry legends whose works include Sword of Mana, Guilty Gear, and an unreleased Sega Megadrive/Genesis version of Ninja Gaiden.
* Online leaderboards available for all modes and on all platforms, to determine once and for all who qualifies as the best of the best.
* Two additional modes of play: Survival mode, which challenges players to last as long as they can on a series of unique maps, and Speedrun mode, where players can try to beat their fastest times through the game.
* Console-exclusive enhancements expanding upon the game’s original PC release, including additional hidden rooms, additional enemy reinforcements in certain areas, additional sound effects for a more immersive experience, and an entirely new action sequence during the game’s final act.